Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Short Story Month - Keith Lee Morris

Next up for Short Story Month, we have Keith Lee Morris, one of our favorite authors and people, with his story from our Fall/Winter 05 (vol. 2, no. 2) issue.

Listen While I Speak

We were at the doctor's, Tip and I, to see about getting me off the Pill and getting him a vasectomy.

But the room was more comfortable than our doctor's office, with a hanging fern in one corner and framed prints of flowers on the wall and a nice, airy smell instead of that awful antiseptic one that gets right into your breathing.

I was lying on a table and Tip was on one side of me and on the other side was an ultrasound machine with the glowing screen and the jelly on my stomach with the doctor running the pointer over me. It was my obstetrician, I saw then, from when Scott and Brennan were born, not our usual doctor, but I didn't tell him that I wasn't pregnant.


You can read the rest of the story here. Don't forget to enter our Short Story Month Contest. Winners of the 9L prize packs will be announced at the end of the month.

No comments: